Saturday, February 8, 2014

Gratitude

To go along with my earlier post of Wishing, here are the things I am already grateful to have!
LOVE:  I have a loving family of three.  My husband is a passionate, strong, and clever man.  My daughter is a loving, intuitive, and resourceful little spark-plug, they both love me to pieces and aren't afraid to show it.  My two dogs follow me around the house like little puppies, making sure to be under foot as much as possible, and our kitty has been with us since our family was just a new couple.
HEALTH:  Our health complaints are minimal.  We have great health insurance that takes care of our little problems, but we generally leave the doctor impressed at our vitality.  And we value our health, so we all try to make good choices with food and exercise.
HOME:  We have a mortgage on a good solid home, with a good sized yard.  We have heat and air conditioning, and good insulation to keep the energy in.  We even have an extra room with a mini hide-a-bed for visitors.
TIME:  is money and money is time.  My husband is part of a union and therefore is making enough money to keep us where we are, and I don't work outside the home.  Because of his work I have time to read, write, garden, sew, teach our daughter, and cook.  
There's so much more I'm grateful for:  Snow, Sun, Flowers, Birds, My Hens and their Eggs, Turbo-Tax(I just finished doing taxes, it's so much easier when the computer does all the paper shuffling), Good Coffee, Electricity, Clean Water, Books and other Stories, Trees, Chocolate, and everything else that makes me happy each day.
It's been wonderful focusing on the things I'm grateful for and it's been wonderful wishing for more.  It is surprisingly empowering, I really do feel like I'm attracting more goodness into my life.  Thanks Rhonda Byrne!

No comments:

Post a Comment