Sunday, March 17, 2013

Beans 5 Ways Part 3: Garlic Sausage Lentils


My Garlic Sausage Lentils were a big flop.  I could taste the garlic and the bay leaves, but the lentils were still bland, and adding salt and pepper didn't really help.  I'm not sure what, if anything I did wrong.  I could have used more fresh ingredients.  The sausages were very good, though, with lots of flavor.  I served them on top of the lentils, but I think it would have improved the dish if the sausages were cut up and it was all tossed together.  I used the recipe from Rachel Ray's Website.
Here's how it went:



I boiled the lentils with big hunks of onion and two bay leaves.

It smelled really good!
Then I soaked minced garlic and dried parsley in extra virgin olive oil, and I started my sausages.


I removed the bay leaves, but kept the onion, then my daughter tossed the cooked lentils with the garlic.



I used a small lid to keep my sausages straight while I gave them a nice crispy skin.

Here is the finished product, with strawberries....

My daughter said the sausage was too spicy, and wouldn't even taste the lentils.
Overall, it wasn't bad, but it really wasn't good either, I'm going to have to work more with lentils to get a better feel for the flavoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment